2015 Acura TLX Achieves Highest Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Acura TLX is third new Acura model to earn highest possible safety ratings from both the NHTSA and IIHS
- TLX is one of only three new midsize luxury/near luxury vehicles to earn top NHTSA (AWD / FWD) and IIHS safety ratings
- Acura brand is positioned for safety leadership with all models expected to achieve an NCAP 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score and IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating for 2016
Acura anticipates earning top New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) and Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) ratings for every model in its lineup for the 2016 model year. The brand currently has four models earning an NCAP 5-star Overall Vehicle Score: the 2015 ILX, TLX, RDX and MDX. The Acura RLX sedan has yet to undergo NCAP testing. Three models also earn a TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating from the IIHS: the 2015 RLX, TLX and MDX.
Innovative Safety and Drive Assistive Technologies
The AcuraWatch™ suite of driver assist technology was first introduced in 2015 TLX and now also introduced to the 2016 ILX, 2016 MDX and soon to be arriving 2016 RDX and 2016 RLX.
Standard and available driver-assistive features in the AcuraWatch™ suite include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow (LSF)
- Blind spot information (BSI)
- Lane Keep Assist (LKAS) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
- Multi-View Rear Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
The AcuraWatch™ along with the next generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure is sure to reinforce confidence and assurance for individuals looking for a vehicle with safety particular in mind.